Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Dock Labs AG. of Bahnhofstrasse 7, 6300 Zug, Switzerland, is a Data Controller when collecting Personal Data directly from website users for providing services and a Data Processor of certain types of Personal Data provided by Organizations wherein Dock does not decide what type of data is collected and disclosed.
You may contact us to find out more about the way we treat and use personal data via email at email@example.com.
If you do not provide personal data
If we need to process the data you provide us with about yourself to fulfill our Services and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide communication or services.
What information do we use?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us about you. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (https://www.dock.io) that you may access directly or through another website, or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. It only includes basic personal data required for you to be able to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include the following information:
- Full name
- Email address(es)
- Company name
- Profile picture URL (if using OAuth)
- Credential information
- Recipient information including name, email address, and credential information
- Information that may be provided by you through our customer support email, chat, via social media websites or other third-party platforms where we communicate with users. This may include feedback, contact information, identifying information to assist with finding an account, or any other information provided in these interactions.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website, certain information may be automatically collected and stored about your usage:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, and any email used to contact our customer service;
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers).
Posting and Uploading. We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our site, such as when you fill out a form. You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to grow and engage with your network over our Services.
How do we use this information?
We will only use personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the Services.
- Where Organizations instruct us while using the Services.
- To contact you in response to completing a form or to send marketing information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing to you directly, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with the information and Services that you request from us;
- To notify you about important changes to our Service.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our website and products to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
Information provided by Organizations on your behalf. We will use this information:
- To administer our Services as instructed by Organizations, including issuing credentials, managing existing credentials, providing sharing capabilities, and assisting in a support capacity when requested.
- To monitor and enhance our Services
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your contact details and technical data that we collect about you, such as your IP address and the way you browse our website to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, Services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending marketing messages to you at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How do we share your information?
You acknowledge and agree that from time to time we have the right to share your personal information with:
- An Organization which has previously shared your information with us in order to provide Services. This information will be shared in accordance with an Organization's instructions and in agreement between Dock and the Organization, and in compliance with applicable law. This includes Authorized users or other Organization representatives.
- Selected third parties that have been granted access to your Personal data in order to provide Services to you and to the Organization:
• Approved Subprocessors. An updated list of subprocessors can be found.
• Select business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Legal authorities or in compliance of legal regulations if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Services and agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dock, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
- Third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or if Dock or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where do we store your information?
All personal data we process is processed by our staff in the US, Canada, Europe, Brazil, India and the Philippines, in and outside the EEA.
For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers outside the European Economic Area, in the US.
Some of our external third parties such as Google are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
However and unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website at transmission stage; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
For information provided by an Organization and collected in the capacity of a Data Processor, the Organization is acting as the Data Controller in this capacity and is responsible for determining the appropriate length of time to continue to store your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. See below for further information.
What are your rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
European Data Protection Rights
If you reside in the United Kingdom (UK) or a country within the European Union (EU), or your Personal Data is processed in the UK or a country in the EU, subject to certain exceptions, you have specific rights in regards to your data based on local laws and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You have the right to If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. For example, if you’re based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We implement security safeguards to protect your data such as HTTPS and regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities or attacks. Based on the nature of the internet as well as other reasons, we can not guarantee complete security of your Personal Data from being accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our security safeguards. You should take precautions to protect your Personal Data through such means as using a secure password, change your password often, setting up two-factor authentication on your account, using a secure browser, and logging out when using a shared computer.
Prohibited use by minors
Dock is a service meant for adult use only and does not promote the Service to children or intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected personal information from an individual under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that an individual under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at email@example.com with “Notice of Underage Person” in the subject line.