Certificate Designer User Guide
This step-by-step guide will show you how to make customized certificate templates.
Custom Certificate Design
Start with a template
1. You can get to the template options in these two ways:
a) From the menu, select Designs and click Create Design
b) Go to Credentials>Issue Credentials>Select a template and then you will have the option to create a new design, select an existing template, or continue without a design.
2. There will be several templates to get started. Choose a landscape or portrait template.
Import a PDF Template
You can import an existing PDF design where you can add your custom credential fields.
1. Go to Designer and click Create Design
2. Ensure your PDF credential template is:
- A max of 2 MB
- A4 size: 21.0 cm wide x 29.7cm high (portrait) and 29.7 cm wide and 21.0 cm high (landscape)
- If you’re exporting from Canva, be sure to flatten PDF when exporting the template in PDF format
3. If you’re using Canva to make a PDF design, go to Design, type “certificate designs”, choose a template, and edit the elements as you prefer. All of the custom fields will be set up in Dock Certs.
4. Export the Canva design by clicking on Share and Download
Select PDF Standard as the File type, check Flatten PDF, and click Download.
5. Go back to the Designer section in Dock Certs, click Import PDF Credential, and select the PDF file.
6. Click on Attributes and select which credential fields you want to add to the template. You can choose which color, font, and size you want the information to appear in. Once this is done, select Save Design.
In this example, I added the recipient name (Subject Name) and the date that the certificate was awarded (Issue Date).
7. You will see the new design template saved
Add an image or QR code
Select Elements>Add Image or Elements>Add QR Code
Delete an image
Mouse over the image you want to delete and select Delete
Clone an image
Mouse over the image you want to clone and click Clone
Remove the template background image
Go to Setup>Remove Background Image
Add a background image
Go to Setup>Add Background Image
Go to Elements and select the headings and text you want to add
Click on the text you want to edit and select Edit
Delete text element
Hover over the text you want to delete and select Delete
Add certificate fields on the template
You can choose which fields you want to appear on your template. The details will appear on your design after you issue the credentials. Subject refers to the recipient or item that the credential is being issued to.
To add specific fields on your template, select Attributes in the menu then choose which details you would like to appear.
If you want your organization’s logo (Issuer Logo) and description (Issuer Description) to appear on your credential, you have to fill out those details in your Issuer Profile (DIDs).
If you don’t have a logo or description and want to add it to your certificate template, click on Issuer Profiles in the menu, select the profile you want to update or click Create Issuer Profile to make a new Issuer Profile.
Issuing a Credential With the Template
Using the template
Once you have finished your credential design, click Save & Issue on the top right
2. Add the recipient details. If you want to add recipients one by one, select Add Manually. If you want to add multiple recipients at once, select Import Spreadsheet.
3. After adding recipients, select Issue Credentials
4. The credential will appear based on your customized template
View your designs
Select Designs from the menu
Edit your certificate design
Mouse over the design you want to update and select Edit
Delete your certificate design
Mouse over the design you want to update and select Delete twice